Tuesday 7 August 2012

3 years

Today is our 3 year anniversary. We have been through a lot in that time, and even more since we met. As with every couple, there are highs and lows.We have had some big lows this year, with Chris being laid off just a month after Natalie was born. But it has turned into a blessing, we have been able to re-connect. And Natalie now has been able to properly bond with her dad.



3 years ago, I agreed to be his wife, and have not looked back. Chris has encouraged me to be a better person than I was, and has helped me grow in so many ways.

We had our ceremony in the building that we met in, University College, at the University of Manitoba. We had lived there in the residence. We were able to have pictures taken on the floor we lived on. It was very strange being there again, but awesome at the same time.  Our friends and family still talk about how much fun they had. I still remember how excited I was, and how I couldn't stop crying as I walked down the aisle. It was truly one of the happiest days of my life. I was marrying the man who loved so much, and loved me back.


What made this day even more special for us was that we were able to share it with our friends and family. Chris's Grandma was not able to attend, but she gave me her pearls to wear, which was my something old. To this day, I wear them as much as possible, but it did feel like she was there with us. My grandparents had just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary a few weeks before, and both of our parents were celebrating their 25th. I like to think that there was a lot of good mojo coming with us into that day.


Our wedding party were our closest friends and siblings. My sister was Amie, our best man was Chris's childhood friend Mike. Then there was my best friends Kayrn, Stacey, Jamie, and my cousin Kayleen who is like a sister to me. Our grooms men were Martin, and Jaret, friends who lived in residence with us, and Chris's brothers Kevin and Jeff.One of our dearest friends, Kayla, was our marriage commissioner, as well as our MC.

Here's to more great years to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment