Friday 3 August 2012

A Little Bit of Fluff

On a rainy, over cast day like today, I feel like getting things done around the house. So far today we gotten some running around done. I pulled Natalie's cloth diapers off the line. While awaiting for her to make her arrival, my sister and I were talking about whether or not I would be using cloth diapers. I immediately thought of how I was afraid of stabbing baby with pins, and that I am not sure it really isn't I wanted to deal with stinky diapers.

The start of my collection - made by my awesome Aunt!
But after some thought, and research, I mentioned it to my Aunt Teresa, and she offered to make a bunch for us as a baby gift!
They are so cute. This was the start to my new addiction. As most CD'ing mothers will agree, once you start getting cloth diapers, you can not stop, buying looking, or talking about them!

I have slowly added more since. And now we have enough for multiple little bums. Natalie likes to help me with folding and stuffing them. She loves the different colours and patterns. I love them because in the long run they are a lot cheaper, and a ton cuter.
Natalie modelling her homemade diaper!
Our bought diapers.



















It took some time, but I did find some used diapers on Kijiji. All different colours. Some are made by local lady in Winnipeg, AMP. These diapers here are the ones to have. My sister in law, Whitney bought us some Bum Genius ones, which are pretty cool too. We don't really have favourites, we love them all.  This is just one small way of helping to save the earth. And at the same, Natalie gets to be a little fashion-ista!

No comments:

Post a Comment